none
DPM 2012 R2 Online Protection - Online Recovery Point Creation Failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are moving from protecting our DPM server with another server to use an Azure Data Vault.  2 of the Protection Groups work fine, but the third - protecting a pair of Folders - fails.  On the DPM MMC it shows Online recovery point creation failed, and in the Event Log it shows -

Creation of online recovery points for D:\ on blah.blah.co.uk have failed. The last online recovery point creation failed for the following reason: (ID: 3188)

The operation attempted cannot be performed at this time because a backup or restore operation is currently running. (ID: 100049)

The DPM server is the only one conducting any backups.  The target server is Win 2003 (for the moment). 

Could anyone give me any pointers?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:22 PM

All replies

• I just started running into this after it had been working fine for months.  Did you ever figure this out?
    Monday, May 18, 2015 4:22 PM
  • I'm afraid not.  In the end moved off using Azure Data Vault because the route to restoring data if the original DPM server was lost looked too painful so went back to using another ‘real’ DPM server in a real rack!

Monday, May 18, 2015 4:33 PM
  • This is old but I was having the same problem. Restarting the Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent in services fixed my issue.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 7:46 PM