Windows 10 Updates via WSUS but no Upgrades to Windows 10 from Win7/8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Microsoft Community,

our company finaly bought and uses some Windows 10 Clients (6 Windows 10 Clients and around 65 Windows 7 Clients and 2 or 3 Windows 8.1 Clients). Now i wanted the WSUS Server to offer Updates to the Windows 10 Clients WITHOUT! getting the Windows 7/8.1 Clients to upgrade to Windows 10. I already found the section where i can configure which updates get provided by WSUS but i am afraid, when i apply all Windows 10 Updates that the Windows 7 Clients Upgrade to Windows 10. Will they upgrade or not?

Thank you very much already!

Best regards

• Edited by Xaver_Adapt Friday, May 19, 2017 6:11 AM Grammar...
    Friday, May 19, 2017 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Xaver_Adapt,

Based on my understanding, you only want to use WSUS to deploy updates for win10 clients, while not want to make win7 and win8 clients to upgrade to win10.

What is the version of the WSUS server? To update win10 clients, we need to use WSUS 4.0(Server 2012 or 2012R2) or Server 2016.

On the WSUS server, please do not select "Upgrades" in the WSUS server, so that the win10 upgrades won't be synced into WSUS server. If you have already synced the upgrades into WSUS server, then, we just "decline" them or "Not approve" them , so that win7 and win8 clients won't detect and download the upgrade from WSUS server.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 22, 2017 6:25 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check if the above reply could be of help? If yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if not, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 29, 2017 7:03 AM