none
Homework help RRS feed

• Question

• I have a resource named "beta testers" and my assignment instructions say to "Schedule three beta testers to work on the project from 8/24/16 to 9/19/16. Leave two beta testers for the other period(s)."

I've googled it but can't figure out how to split one resource into five so that I can allocate them to the correct dates. Can anyone please help?

Saturday, March 3, 2018 2:35 AM

All replies

• Are you writing a program to do that? If so then what language?

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Saturday, March 3, 2018 8:01 PM
  • Scott --

In the Resource Sheet view of the project, set the Max. Units to 500% for the Beta Tester resource.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Saturday, March 3, 2018 10:11 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I think the assignment instructions were just wrong. It wanted me to enter 200% in the Max column of the Beta Tester resource on the Resource Sheet. I submitted it with 500% instead and entered 200% in the available dates outside of 8/24/16 - 9/19/16 and 300% in between those dates. Hopefully that meets the intent of the assignment.
    Sunday, March 4, 2018 12:01 AM
  • Sorry about my question about writing a program. Somehow this was in the MSDN list of questions and I have never seen a TechNet question among the MSDN questions, except for the Which Forum forum.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, March 4, 2018 12:54 AM