How to install ATA Center synchronously? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a powershell script that I run to install and configure a new Center installation.

When I run my install line,

& "${ISODrive}:\Microsoft ATA Center Setup.exe" /quiet --LicenseAccepted NetFrameworkCommandLineArguments="/q" InstallationPath="$install_to" DatabaseDataPath="$install_to\MongoDB\bin\data"

the installer runs, but asynchronously. This is confirmed when I read the installer log:

i000: Creating BA thread to run asynchronously.

I need it to run synchronously, as the steps after the install in my script do the actions required after Center is installed (such as adding users to the ATA role groups, and unmounting the ISO). I was given to understand that using the ampersand at the start of the line actually runs it as a "Start-Process -Wait" internally.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 1:28 PM

Answers

• It's not really possible to force a sync run as in some cases we might even need to install .net update or reboot..

The best thing would be to invoke the installer, then wait until the Center service is in the "Running" state.

• Marked as answer by R___B Thursday, July 26, 2018 2:57 PM
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 1:39 PM

All replies

• It's not really possible to force a sync run as in some cases we might even need to install .net update or reboot..

The best thing would be to invoke the installer, then wait until the Center service is in the "Running" state.

• Marked as answer by R___B Thursday, July 26, 2018 2:57 PM
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 1:39 PM
  • Hi Eli, that's a good idea. If I can't wait for the installer, I can check for the presence of something it installs.
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 2:57 PM