Failed to activate win7 RRS feed

• Question

• I installed win7 (evaluation copy. build 7100) with network installing from our SQLIT(Viva Beijing, China). when I try to activate it, I got the following error:
    Code:
    0xC004F035
    Description:
    The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated with a Volume license product key. Volume-licensed systems require upgrading from a qualifying operating system. Please contact your system administrator or use a dfferent type of key.
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 2:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am afraid you need to contact your system administrator.

Error code 0xC004F035

Symptom

When you try to use a KMS client or a KMS host to activate one or more computers, you may receive the following error message:

0xC004F035
    The software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated with a Volume license product key. Volume licensed systems require upgrading from a qualified operating system. Please contact your system administrator or use a different type of key.

Cause

This issue may occur because volume editions are licensed for upgrade only. Installation of a volume operating system on a computer that does not have a qualifying operating system installed is not supported.

Workaround

To work around this issue, install a qualifying version of a Microsoft operating system, and then reinstall the volume operating system.

For more information, please refer to KB938450

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:31 AM

All replies

• hi,

your key is not correct. please try to use another product key.

please look at here ;

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

regards,

Mumin CICEK | Exchange - MVP | www.cozumpark.com | www.mumincicek.com
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 6:21 AM
  • hi,

your key is not correct. please try to use another product key.

please look at here ;

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

regards,

Mumin CICEK | Exchange - MVP | www.cozumpark.com | www.mumincicek.com

Thanks for your reply.

My SKU is Enterprise. There is no avalible product key for this key.
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 6:30 AM
  • Hi,

I am afraid you need to contact your system administrator.

Error code 0xC004F035

Symptom

When you try to use a KMS client or a KMS host to activate one or more computers, you may receive the following error message:

0xC004F035
    The software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated with a Volume license product key. Volume licensed systems require upgrading from a qualified operating system. Please contact your system administrator or use a different type of key.

Cause

This issue may occur because volume editions are licensed for upgrade only. Installation of a volume operating system on a computer that does not have a qualifying operating system installed is not supported.

Workaround

To work around this issue, install a qualifying version of a Microsoft operating system, and then reinstall the volume operating system.

For more information, please refer to KB938450

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:31 AM