Not sure where to start... RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently using a call center that utilizes 6 numbers to dial in on to reach support for 6 products we make and sell. We are looking to eliminate the center and want the numbers to ring into one persons phone and be able to identify which number was called. Also, would like to have voicemail for each as well in case the person is unable to answer.

So for example, say we are selling shoes. A customer calls a specific number for Nike shoes, before the phone is even answered is there a way to tell which number was dialed so we know how to answer the phone? Any help is appreciated.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:54 PM

Answers

• A couple options I can think of is to use Response Groups, setup 6 response groups and make the user an agent in each group. From memory it identifies which group the call is coming in on.

Otherwise try creating 6 accounts and then forward them to the one user. I think it also announces who the transfer was from.

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer"

Georg Thomas | Lync MVP
    Blog www.lynced.com.au | Twitter @georgathomas
    Lync Edge Port Check (Beta)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:03 PM

All replies

• A couple options I can think of is to use Response Groups, setup 6 response groups and make the user an agent in each group. From memory it identifies which group the call is coming in on.

Otherwise try creating 6 accounts and then forward them to the one user. I think it also announces who the transfer was from.

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer"

Georg Thomas | Lync MVP
    Blog www.lynced.com.au | Twitter @georgathomas
    Lync Edge Port Check (Beta)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:03 PM
  • Hi,

As Georg said, create 6 Hunt groups with the pilot numbers that you have. Create queues identify the product name and create an agent group with the user that you want to be the agent and assign that group to all 6 queues.  Based on the callers selection, the agent will see which queue that the call came from.

http://thamaraw.com

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Wednesday, July 2, 2014 6:32 AM
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:47 PM
  • Hi,

The Response Group application routes and queues incoming calls to designated persons, who are known as agents. You can increase the use of telephone support services and reduce the overhead of running these services by using response groups.

More details for Response Group:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398513.aspx

You can refer to the link of “Creating a Response Group in Lync” to help you create a Response Group:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ilvancri/archive/2010/11/23/creating-a-response-group-in-lync.aspx

Best Regards,

Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 7:22 AM