Does ProClarity Professional support rowset actions? RRS feed

• Question

•  

It isn't in the list, so I suspect it does not.  I am using a rowset action to drill into a detail ROLAP fact table from a summary fact table stored in MOLAP.  The only tool I have used so far to see the results is the browser in SSAS, but I cannot export or print the result set from that browser. 

Here is the action expression code:

"DRILLTHROUGH Select ([Measures].[rolap " + measures.currentmember.name + "],[Date].[Calendar].currentmember ) on 0 From [Test Cube] RETURN [CD].[Member Id],[CD].[rolap Unit Cnt],[CD].[rolap Day Cnt]"

I can sort of see why ProClarity would not support it because when you click on the rowset action in the SSAS browser, it actually builds the aggregations right then if you are using ROLAP for the drillthrough fact table.  It hangs for a long time on the first try, then caches the results so it is fast the next time you click on it.  How long it hangs depends on how much processing is required for the aggregations.  I captured the mdx it was running by doing a sql trace on SSAS. 

I want to try this using HOLAP to avoid the on-the-fly aggregations, but need a browser that supports it so I can export the results.  The Excel Add-in for SSAS in Excel XP does not support the rowset action.  I have read where Excel 2007 does, but don't have that loaded yet. 

Friday, July 18, 2008 5:59 PM

Answers

• Brenda,

My apologies, rowset actions are not supported.  Command Line, Drillthrough, HTML, URL and Reporting are the supported actions.

-Joey

Friday, July 18, 2008 10:30 PM

All replies

• Brenda,

I am movingh this thread to the ProClairty Forum where you will be able to get assitance with your question.

Thank you,

Aseem Nayar - MSFT

Friday, July 18, 2008 6:32 PM
  • Brenda,

My apologies, rowset actions are not supported.  Command Line, Drillthrough, HTML, URL and Reporting are the supported actions.

-Joey

Friday, July 18, 2008 10:30 PM
  •  

Joey, I need to implement drillthrough over a calculated measure. There is a workaround to do this implementing rowset actions. How could i do that if my custumer uses Proclarity. Next Proclarity/Performance Point release could fix that?

Thanks a lot

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 2:07 PM