ForeFront basic question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am looking at Forefront to allow our remote employees to access files on our file server, these employees do not have PC's in the office, they work from home. If I understand the documentation correctly, I would need to set up a server that has an outside IP and an IP to the local domain. Here are my questions.

1. Can more than one person access the Forefront server at one time?

2. Since I need an outside IP, does this server bypass our firewall (we use a watchguard firewall). If so, how do I lock this down from outside attacks?

3. What is needed on the client end to access the server? Web browser only?

Friday, September 7, 2012 5:18 PM

All replies

• Hi, 1) yes 2) you must foreward HTTPS traffic from the Watchguard to the UAG Server. UAG use its own High End Firewall Forefront TMG and protects the UAG Server from attacks 3) Web Browser only

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de

Sunday, September 9, 2012 6:01 PM
  • Hi Thanks for your response. This sounds promising, however we already have our HTTPS forwarded to a Web Server for our time and attendance software for off site personnel. Could I set the UAG server to accept incoming requests on a different port, say 4343?
    Monday, September 10, 2012 7:04 PM