none
Printer Queue In Active Directory Recycle bin

Question

• Hello

Why I see very more object Printer Queue In Active Directory ? Normal about three month I must delete all object

Get-ADObject -Filter 'isDeleted -eq $true -and ObjectClass -eq "printQueue"' -IncludeDeletedObjects  | Remove-ADObject -Confirm:$false

Friday, April 7, 2017 1:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Maybe, you need to check if anybody deleted the printer queues, alternatively, please check if any group policy or script/scheduled task is configured to delete the printer queues.
    And you could have a try auditing printer events to track who/what deleted printer queues, please see: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc976774.aspx
    According to the name, it seems the copies of drivers, if you have confirmed that the correct driver is installed, you could delete them.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Kim Lee Sunday, April 9, 2017 5:02 AM
    Friday, April 7, 2017 7:38 AM
  • Hi

this Printer is from our branch ,But I do not know why Printer in branch it have info in AD and Why in Recycle Bin AD had it .Now I want prevent it in Recycle bin because every day in appear more this item

could you please tell me how to fix it

Thanks

Sunday, April 9, 2017 3:55 PM
  • Hi,

As you are running in AD domain environment, each printer is an object of AD, so if somebody or something deletes them, they will be moved into AD Recycle Bin.

In order to prevent this behavior, we need to figure out what/who are deleting the printers, therefore, please take a look at my last reply to see if anything will be found.

Best regards,
    Wendy Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 2:59 AM