How do I change a datasource of an existing report within Dashboard Designer RRS feed

• Question

•  

This should be fairly straight forward.

I am making copies of existing reports created in Dashboard Designer and I'd like to change the datasource on the copied report to direct it at a different cube,

For the life of me I can't figure out how this is done. Looking at a report and clicking the Properties tab I can see the "Related Data Source" column and it is directed towards the original "source" data source. How can I change it to point at a new data source?

Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.

Jake

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:24 PM

Answers

• I managed to hack it by opening the dashboard bswx file and manually changing the DataSourceGUID for each of the reports to the correct data source.

There has to be a better way than this.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 6:55 PM

All replies

• I managed to hack it by opening the dashboard bswx file and manually changing the DataSourceGUID for each of the reports to the correct data source.

There has to be a better way than this.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 6:55 PM
  •  

Hi Muddy,

I'm facing the same problem and this approach of manually changing the GUID does'nt seem to be helping as i do not know the new GUID it wuold be using.

In case some one has an answer to his, I would appreciate if you post.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 12:15 PM
  • I posted again, in the hopes that somebody might know ... still nothing. My guess is that its not possible.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4204064&SiteID=17&mode=1

Thursday, December 4, 2008 6:27 PM