Unable to open Q drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I published my application. Client version is 4.6 SP1.

From CMD, if I give command as - sfttray.exe /launch /exe cmd.exe <PackageName>. This command is failing to open virtual cmd.

If I try - sfttray.exe /launch /exe cmd.exe <path of any osd file source locaiton> - it is working and I am getting virtual CMD.

Now in Virtual CMD, If I go to the root of Q:\ drive and give command Explorer Q:\ it gives error access denied.

Normally, without doing above steps, if i try to launch shortcut, i get warning -  system cannot find the file specified.

I ensured for standalone testing, below registries should be there in machine:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\Configuration]
    "AllowIndependentFileStreaming"=dword:00000001
    "RequireAuthorizationIfCached"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\Network]
    "AllowDisconnectedOperation"=dword:00000001
    "LimitDisconnectedOperation"=dword:00000000
    "Online"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\Permissions]
    "ToggleOfflineMode"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\UserInterface]
    "DDELaunchCommand"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\\sftdde.exe\" \"<APP>\" <DDE>\""
    "LaunchCommand"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\\sfttray.exe\" /launch \"<APP>\""

Please advice.

Regards, Firoz Ahmad (Cheeeeeerrrrssssss)

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:26 AM

All replies

• I think you are unable to open the virtual cmd.exe because of the issue you are facing with your app.

Usually if you use sfttray.exe /exe cmd.exe "appname", you should be able to browese to the package-dir on the Q-drive.

Which file/folder is you app looking for? Did you perform a procmon trace? Is this the only app with that issue? Did you try to upgrade to 4.6SP3?

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 8:59 AM
  • Hi Tiberivs,

I am facing this issue with all the applicaitons.

I have two builds, on old build it is launching properly but it is not working on the latest build what client is using now.

Is there any security update which can cause this issue? I didn't try to upgrade it as we don't hvave app-v 4.6 SP3 pack.

• Edited by FirozM365 Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:20 AM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:19 AM
  • Yes, kb2984972 breaks a lot of appv4/5 apps. BUt I have not seen access denied errors with this hotfix.
    Whats different in your build?

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:56 AM
  • Not Sure. I am getting this error when launching shortcut in clean machine:

---------------------------
    Application Virtualization Error
    The Application Virtualization Client could not launch Authoring Tool 2011.1.0.2.

The system cannot find the file specified.

Error code: 46175A9-1F701939-00000002
    OK  

i uninstalled kb2984972 but still no luck.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 10:39 AM
  • Share the SFTLOG.TXT - I think you are disconnected from your server which would explain why the IFS works and not the launch by App name.

Steve Thomas, Senior Consultant, Microsoft

App-V/MED-V/SCVMM/Server App-V/MDOP/AppCompat

http://blogs.technet.com/gladiatormsft/
    The App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
    The MED-V Team Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv
    The SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm/

“This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. User assumes all risks.”

Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:35 PM
  • Disable Local Interaction policy if it has been set to true in OSD file.

<POLICIES>      

<LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>FALSE</LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>  

</POLICIES>

This would resolve the Q: Drive access denied issue when you open explorer using sfttray.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you. )

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 1:40 PM