none
Planned Value and Earned Value showing $0.00 Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have researched posts in this forum and found many similar issues, but I cannot seem to resolve mine.  I am still getting $0.00 for EV and PV when I open the Earned Value Sheet.  I am apparently leaving something out in setting up the schedule.  Below are the exact steps I have taken.  Perhaps you can figure out what I am leaving out.  My costs for this schedule will be based on using lump sum costs with subcontractors ( which you helped me with previously)

1.  Enter project information 

2.  Enter options (EV is calculated as % Complete)

3.  Enter tasks

4.  Add task durations

5. Link tasks 

6.  Enter subcontractors as resources on resource sheet, with Type:  Cost and Accrual:  Prorated

7.  Assign each task a resource with an associated cost amount

8.  Set baseline- Entire Project

9.  Set status date to a time that some tasks are completed and or partially completed

10.  From Tracking Table,  update % complete for tasks before and up to status date

11.  Select Earned Value Table and PV and EV are $0.00

Your input is appreciated.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 7:32 PM

Answers

• Cost Resources are not included in EV calculations; therefore, your approach will not work. 

However, you might get what you want by using a fixed duration task or a hammock task.  Set it up so that it spans the dates you want for the proper timephasing.

Set a Fixed Cost for the task.  (The Fixed Cost Accrual will default to Prorated).  Fixed costs are used in EV calculations.

Reid McTaggart Partner DeltaBahn LLC
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:16 PM

All replies

• Cost Resources are not included in EV calculations; therefore, your approach will not work. 

However, you might get what you want by using a fixed duration task or a hammock task.  Set it up so that it spans the dates you want for the proper timephasing.

Set a Fixed Cost for the task.  (The Fixed Cost Accrual will default to Prorated).  Fixed costs are used in EV calculations.

Reid McTaggart Partner DeltaBahn LLC
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:16 PM
  • Thank you Reid.  Using fixed costs provided data in the EV Sheet.    
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:20 AM
  • Fix cost can not update the actual cost manually

:(

Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:33 AM