none
windows 7 & server 2008 R2 windows update errors RRS feed

• Question

• Question 

windows 7 & server 2008 R2 windows update errors

JLeeJeffries asked on <button aria-label="Date" class="msaActionText msgHistoryBtn info-panel-toggle-link" data-panelcontainer=".userInfo" data-paneltarget="#message-history-holder-0dcce3ec-02d5-4763-8ba0-70e2af50e35b" style="color:#006cd8;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-size:inherit;line-height:inherit;font-family:inherit;margin:0px;cursor:pointer;padding:0px;border:none;display:inline;" title="See post history">February 5, 2016See post history</button>
    I have about 40 users all running windows 7 and all have a Windows update issue as well as the Windows 2008 R2 server. I have tried for 2 weeks now to fix this issue but keep hitting walls.  I noticed that we are no longer getting windows update notifications like normal so I ran windows update manually and most have appx. 89 updates that needed to be installed.  Most if not all have errors when trying to install, including the server.  One of the common errors is 80244019.  I've ran the windows update trouble shooter with no luck.  Does anyone know of any kind of hotfix to resolve this issue?  Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 
    Friday, February 5, 2016 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hi denis walsh,

Based on your description, first of all, We may try to reset the Windows update components to check the problem. Please refer to the link:

How do I reset Windows Update components? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Please note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Also, please check if there is any update server configured on your computer in registry editor. If so, try to delete it to check this issue.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 10:44 AM

All replies

• Hi denis walsh,

Based on your description, first of all, We may try to reset the Windows update components to check the problem. Please refer to the link:

How do I reset Windows Update components? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Please note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Also, please check if there is any update server configured on your computer in registry editor. If so, try to delete it to check this issue.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 10:44 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you in a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:02 AM