Enable NAP,PXE-E11 ARP Timeout RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, I encountered a problem.

My environment has deployed WDS,And it can normal installation system.But then the company calls for NAP.Enable the NAP after,The "NAP DHCP Nonsupport NAP" configuration of the network policies for Allow limited access ,And has been added to the DHCP,WDS,DNS,NPS to set of Remediation server Groups.but PXE boot ,Get the IP address 192.168.188.12 mask 255.255.255.255 ,Prompt error PXE-E11 ARP Timeout.I can't contact WDS client.

Possible reason is that after the access to the IP to add static route,lead to the client cannot access WDS.

Is there anyone solution!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 3:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, I recommend you restart the WDS service to see if the issue persists.

Besides, please ping the WDS server to make sure both ARP and DNS are working correctly, and check you switches.

Based on my research, this kind of issue is due to the PXE client unable to resolve the TFTP or proxyDHCP server's IP address into the corresponding MAC address via ARP. Did you set the proxyDHCP and DHCP on the different machines? If yes, I suggest making sure the DHCP option 60 is unchecked.

In addition, please also make sure that the TFTP/proxyDHCP server respond to ARP requests, and the router responds properly to ARP requests.

More information, you can refer to the similar thread below:

sccm sp2 osd PXE-E11 ARP time out error

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/f59239f7-81e5-488a-9ee3-f8971a526002/sccm-sp2-osd-pxee11-arp-time-out-error?forum=configmgrosd

Best regards,

Susie

Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:48 AM
  • Thank you for Susie

1.Restart is invalid。I'm sure ARP and DNS working properly.

2.I am DHCP2012 environment,and DHCP and WDS on different machines.so ,There is no DHCP 60 option.and Use SCCM2012 installation system.and Under the desktop access to the IP is also restricted access to WDS (SCCM), but can not access under PXE。

We are now a separate subnet specially according to the install system, reinstall system can be in the environment of NAP。

Friday, November 8, 2013 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that I have no further troubleshooting thoughts on this issue. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Susie

Monday, November 11, 2013 2:32 AM
  • Hi,

May I know why the subnet mask is 255.255.255.255? As far as I know, this mask won't work. Is this the configuration on the DHCP server?

Except for adding the several servers to the remediation group, please make sure you have configured the DHCP with NAP correctly.

Network Access Protection with DHCP Step-By-Step Guide

http://esihere.wordpress.com/2011/04/18/network-access-protection-with-dhcp-step-by-step-guide/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Susie Long Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Susie Long Monday, November 18, 2013 3:34 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Susie Long Friday, December 27, 2013 3:34 AM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 9:27 AM
  • Hi!

I am sure that all configured: NAP, DHCP,Policy and remediation group

My policy is limited access to the IP does not support NAP.

This may be no solution

Monday, November 18, 2013 10:28 AM