Proclarity Desktop Professional 6.3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,
    We package Proclarity desktop professional and deploy it to our users desktop.
    The desktop package gets installed fine but when we launch the application via the shorcut, it fails to come up with an error message "Exception EOleSysError in module rtl70.bpl at 00040520. Error accessing the OLE registry"

We have further found out this happens to folks who do not have local admin on their desktops. However if a person with local admin on a desktop open the application, it comes up fine and after that there is no problem with launching the application even if a person does not have local admin rights.

We think it is probably because the first time, the application is launched, it installs some files or dlls. We tried sniffing using fileMon but we could find what it installs the first time it is launched.

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Rgds
    Hari
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 4:26 PM

All replies

• ProClarity requires a account with local admin rights to install correctly.  If you're installing with a non-admin account and then seeing problems after that but then accessing with an admin account fixes it, this is an unsupported environment and we unfortunately wouldn't be of much help to you.  It's most likely some dll/ocx files are not being registered.  You could try running a diagnostic report between working/nonworking machines and that might give you an idea of what's missing:

Start>All Programs>ProClarity>ProClarity Diagnostic Utility>Analyze

To re-plug the recommendation, you'll want to re-install with an account that has local admin rights.
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, February 9, 2009 8:21 PM
  • Sean -

After a year or two of using ProClarity 6.3, started to get the rtl70.bpl error when launching ProClarity desktop client.  

Only software installed was MindJet MindManager 9.  When I tyr and run Start>All Programs>ProClarity>ProClarity Diagnostic Utility>Analyze, I get the  rtl70.bpl as well.

Any ideas how to remedy?

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 2:38 PM
  • I have the same problem when installing Mindmanager 2012. Any solutions?

Paul at po@biscandinavia.com

Friday, May 4, 2012 1:24 PM