Outlook 2019 (No Exchange/O365) Email Preview/Forward Content Server Authentication Credentials Windows Security Pop-Ups RRS feed

• Question

• I have a two part question. 1) This started happening a few weeks ago and I'm just getting tired of dealing with it. On certain emails it appears when content is being requested from some servers I get an authentication credentials pop-up Windows Security box pop-ups for the items its trying to access from that server (e.g. cds.adsnative.com in AXIOS emails). I can cancel and goes past this, but it can be beyond annoying. How can I get this disabled? This is not asking for my Gmail IMAP account credentials. 2) With some link-heavy emails (e.g. Home Depot eMailers) that have tons of linked content I get these slow content loads with a pop-up that says "contacting the server for information" with a progress bar. I can cancel 20 times before the email finally completes loading. I'm on a 500Mbps connection and speed testing fine. Is there way to shorten the timeout on these to like a few milliseconds?  I combined these to two in case they're linked. My environment is Windows 10 (OS Build 17134.677), no pending updates, Outlook 2019 w/current updates, Gmail account via IMAP, no Exchange/O365 and I have a defunct POP account PST connected. 

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hi AndrewRinStPete,

Question 1:

>>On certain emails it appears when content is being requested from some servers I get an authentication credentials pop-up Windows Security box.

Do you mean Outlook pops up for credential of your IMAP server when opening certain emails?

Do these emails have something in common? From same sender? With linked content?

According to my research, this issue could be related with corrupted password cache in Windows.

To check this,

1. Open Control Panel > Credential Manager > Windows Credential.
    2. Locate the set of credentials that has Outlook or your account info in the name.
    3. Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove from Vault.

Besides, for IMAP account, have you set the outgoing server. Please follow the steps below:

1. Open File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
    2. Double click your IMAP account.
    3. Select More Settings.
    4. Select the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” option and the first bullet “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.

Question 2:

>> 2) With some link-heavy emails (e.g. Home Depot eMailers) that have tons of linked content I get these slow content loads with a pop-up that says "contacting the server for information" with a progress bar.

This pop-up message normally occurs when you open files pulling in data from other sources especially for link-heavy emails you mentioned. You can wait to let Outlook downloading tons of linked files instead of clicking cancel.

If it really takes a lot of time, we can repair Office to see if there are any improvements. To do this, please go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit and then choose Change. Click Repair.

Besides, we can also set your Automatic Download settings a bit more stricter to avoid downloading linked files from unimportant email. Please refer to the steps in this article.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, March 29, 2019 2:49 AM
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:33 AM
  • Hi AndrewRinStPete,

Just check if the reply above is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, April 1, 2019 5:52 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, April 1, 2019 5:52 AM
    Saturday, March 30, 2019 4:32 AM