Problem creating the system image RRS feed

• Question

• i had created a system image in dirive (G) . yesterday , accidentally i deleted the whole folder containing the image of the windows.

now, when i try to create a new image , the window did not find and hard disk connected to the computer. giving an error(0*80070002).

is there any solution for this type of error? 

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

OK, you can choose to backup the image to a network location to have a test and set your local computer's IP instead of the network location.

Please refer to the following steps.

1. Open the Backup and Restore.

2. Choose Create a system image.

3. Hit On a network location and click select.

4. Enter your this computer's IP address or Netbios name and choose a shared folder.

5. Type your local account under Network credentials.

6. Hit OK.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:01 AM
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 2:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer to the following link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979281

Also, Check if there is a WindowsImageBackup folder in the drive and delete it if it exists. If it does not work, change the backup location and see the result.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:16 AM
  • sir,

i have visited the link that u have posted.

but my problem is non of them.

in my case , followins steps are involved:

1. click control pannel.

2. click backup and restore icon.

3. click create a system image.

4. then following message appears on the screen:

"windows could not find any back devices on this computer.the following information might explain why this problem occurred. (The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))"

5. when i press the "ok"button.

there are three options"on hard disk , on DVDs , on network location"

6. when i try to click on the hard drive option . there is no dirve to be selected . only a refresh option is present there.

and there is no WindowsImageBackup folder in the drive .

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 11:15 AM
  • Hi,

The issue is same as the scenario 3 in the link which I mentioned in the previous reply.

Also, Check whether the drive is available in Explorer.

Please kindly check it.

Thanks.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:45 AM
  • Sir,

There is one major problem , that i can not see my hard drive in properties of a drive , nor in device manager , neither at any place.

i have installed norton ghost , but it is also not not even detecting that there is a 500GB hard drive installed in this computer.

"Scenario 3:
    Windows Backup will fail with error code 0x80070002, "The system cannot find the file specified." In this scenario, either of the following issues occurs:

• The computer stops responding.
    • The copy operation stops"

Computer does not stop responding.

As ,copy operation was not started , thus it could not be stopped.

Scenario 3 cause

This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:
    • The computer has an NVIDIA USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface (EHCI) chipset.
    • The computer has at least 4 GB of RAM.
    • You try to copy data from the computer to an external USB storage device.
    Notes
    • This issue may also occur when you are using USB devices other than storage devices.
    • This issue may also occur if you perform other input/output (I/O) operations on the USB storage device. In this situation, the I/O operations fail.

There is no NVIDIA USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface (EHCI) chipset on my PC.

Computer has a ram of 2 GB DDR 3

I am trying to copy data on one of the partitions of the hard drive

Now , i think that scenario 3 is not for me .

Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:52 PM
  • Hi,

You may check whether the BIOS detect the Hard Drive? If it do not, I suggest to change a SATA port to have a test. It is not related to Windows 7 and most likely a hardware issue.

Also, You may plug-in an external USB storage device and backup the image to it.

Hope this helps.

Friday, January 28, 2011 1:00 AM
  • In BIOS the hard drive is showing.

on an external USB when i start the back up , it make my computer held. after some time remaining held, the window explorer refreshes . and an error is received that the backup can not be done

Friday, January 28, 2011 8:17 AM
  • Hi,

I still suggest to try the following update package and let me know the result.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976972 

Also, you may try to check your disk before performing backup.

Hope this helps.

Monday, January 31, 2011 6:18 AM
  • Hello! i have installed the mentioned update , but still no success.
    Monday, January 31, 2011 5:02 PM
  • Hi,

OK, you can choose to backup the image to a network location to have a test and set your local computer's IP instead of the network location.

Please refer to the following steps.

1. Open the Backup and Restore.

2. Choose Create a system image.

3. Hit On a network location and click select.

4. Enter your this computer's IP address or Netbios name and choose a shared folder.

5. Type your local account under Network credentials.

6. Hit OK.

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:01 AM
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 2:59 AM