none
Job stuck at queue in project server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody,

Last week I did a successful FARM backup from Prod to FARM Restore at QA.

After that I was not able to look into project workspace data like whenever I was clicking a issue, risk or proj doc for detail I was getting some error.

Which I fixed using AAM(alternate access mapping) by providing internal URL as my production project server name and Public URL as my QA server name.

Now I have another issue whenever I am saving or publishing any enterprise project the job is getting stuck under queue as "Waiting to be processed" at 0% only.

Not getting any pointer what problem can cause this issue, please help me to understand the cause for stuck job at Queue.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:42 PM

All replies

• Hello All,

After successful FARM Restoration means completing all steps. now when i have looked at PWA provision page, there I am getting PWA provision failed.

And When I have looked on eventvwr, I have following event errors.

1) Cannot start queue. SSP: fb88f540-274c-4251-a7ac-a1cc55561e9d  SiteUID: 6a674235-c668-46f1-80ca-dd7640ac7607 Url: http://ABC/PWA Queue: ProjectQ

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

2) Provisioning 'PWA': Post provision setup failed.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

3)  Provisioning 'PWA': Failed to update site.

4) Provisioning 'PWA': Error provisioning site or databases.

Any pointers what could be the reason for failure.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:25 PM
  • Check your SQL Server and make sure the user accounts in SQL can still access the databases.

Make sure that you username/passwords for accounts are still valid for all POOLS and SERVICES.

Chers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:03 PM
  • Hi Micahel,

As said I have looked on sql server an found

My FARM Admin account does not have permission on Search Database only.

So can you let me know  if this could cause the issue?

Below are the Databname and Permission.

DataBase Name                                   Permission

Archive                                                   db_datawrite,ProjectServerRole,public

Draft                                                       Same as above

Published                                               Same as above

Reporting                                               Same as above including  ddl_admin permission

Config                                                      db_owner, public

WSS_Content                                       db_owner, public

WSS_Search                                          Null

Content_SSP                                         db_owner, public

AdminContent                                      db_owner, public

And application pool for PWA web application Sharepoint-80 is running from some other different account.

And which should not be the case as I am using single account(FARM Admin) for all the application and services.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Friday, July 1, 2011 9:46 AM
  • Hi Michael,

One more thing I have found.

I went to Task Manager->Processes Tab and found there only one process is running for each of the following two jobs "Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Queuing and Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Eventing".

As far as I know it should be two for both of the jobs.

Correct me If I am wrong.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Friday, July 1, 2011 12:50 PM
  • SAchin,

You are correct, there should be two instances of each. What errors are you getting in the ULS logs when you try to provision?

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Friday, July 1, 2011 1:01 PM
  • Alex,

I have asked to server admin to Reprovision the PWA, it wiill take some time to get approved.

Mean while i have found

my application pool for PWA web application Sharepoint-80 is running from some other different account.

And which should not be the case as I am using single account(FARM Admin) for all the application and services.

And I think this could be the cause of issue.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Friday, July 1, 2011 1:07 PM
  • It was related to App Pool Identity for Web Appn Pool and Share Service Pool, Initially App pool identity for both of them was set to Production Server Farm Admin account, after changing it to QA server FARM admin account and re-provisioning the PWA, my jobs are not getting stuck in Queue.

Only one doubt is there, When my server admin did FARM restore from Prod to QA why that only App Pool Identity for PWA web appn and shared service app is still referencing the Production server FARM Admin not the QA server FARM Admin?

Please share some thought one above query so that I can close this thread.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Monday, July 4, 2011 9:07 AM