A Fix for all Vista Problems, This Really Works Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Since I did this my computer has been running better than ever, even better than my old laptop from 2002, that I retired 6 months ago for this new laptop, with this fix I know see the increased speed of my new machine over the 6 year old one that I just retired, prior to this fix, this brand new computer was slower than my 6 year old compac, it was a 1.5 celtron cpu, 1 gig ram 40 gig hard drive with windows xp professional on it, my new machine is a dual core processor, 3 gig ram 120 gig hard drive with vista on it, now with the fix on vista, my new machine is at least 5 times faster than it was before the repair.

Would you all like to know what the repair for Vista is?        It does really work too......................

I formated the hard drive and  took the vista restore disk's firmly in hand and tossed them into the garbage, I then opened a new box which contained Windows XP and put it on my new machine, been using it a few weeks now, no problems, and running much much faster, with no strange things happening, finaly after 6 months of HELL!

I had to pay $100. for this fix, even though it was worth it, MICROSOFT should come out with a free XP CD for any who have bought a new computer that had vista on it, so all could fix there machines.

MICROSOFT  you have no excuse this time as XP came out back in 2001, Vista 2007 plenty of time to come up with a dependable OS, My next machine is going to be a MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:49 AM

All replies

• {{Can't...resist...any...longer...}}
    http://www.spam.com/ 
    Big Smile

Funny how so many people have so few (if any) issues (been running the V since Mar 2007 on my lappy; have built several new Vista machines for people - no issues.)
    Maybe it's you?

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:37 PM
  • Are you kidding me, have you been reading the posts in this forum? There are tons of problems with vista, here in my small town, most have formatted the hard drive and put xp  on there new machines, I was a hold out as I thought it would at least get as good as xp, but the fix that came out did not help at all, friends had been telling me to put xp on, I just should have listened sooner.

Monday, June 30, 2008 4:46 AM
  • I have.
    But, what I'm trying to say is something like this:
    Keep in mind that the Internet is a far more powerful thing now than it was when XP launched; also, very few people will take the time to say anything when they don't have problems.  Those that do, however, tend to be far more vocal.
    Myself, the only problems that I've had, have been of my own doing (much the same experience that I've had with XP.)

Perhaps you should start a thread (or several, if necessary) to, oh, I don't know, get some help from the community with whatever issue(s) you might be having, rather than simply saying "Vista sucks."  Wink

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 12:16 AM
  • But Vista is ***, and several Techs I have spoken with call it the worst release since ME and just as bad as ME was!

I have spoken with 3 Computer techs, one in Denver, One In Omaha, and one here where I live, NONE of thewm work for microsoft, and ALL say Vista is ***, now after 6 months of *** I Agree with them.

Microsoft knows its ***, and that why many people are putting XP on there new computers, and so they exteneded support for XP for 2 more years!

Part of the problem is it wasnt finsihed and has a lot of bugs, another is that Microsoft is always changing the user inerface, where useres have to learn it all over again,  WE DONT HAVE THE TIME OR THE DESIRE TO LEARN THE OS OVER AGAIN WITH EVERY UPGRADE.  this is not user friendly!!!!!!!!!!! I hate microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every one with Vista needs a case of tolit paper a week!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 3:58 AM
  • Hi,

This is a support forum and not a consumer complaint forum. Feel free to use this URL https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1208&ws=windows&sd=win to voice your opinions. This is not the place.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 1:33 PM
  • I know and this post while complaining, is also the only known fix for Vista problems, I was DEAD SERIOUS about it as a fix.

And knowing microsoft you are big guys, if your going to work for them get use to hearing the complaints, what do you expect when they release a software before it is ready, and change the user interface with each release.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 12:27 AM
  • First of all a majority of the support personnel here like me, do not work for microsoft. A majority of the users on here are heavy users of MS products. Again, about getting used to hearing complaints, there is a time and place for that and that is not here. This is a support forum so please do not ruin the experience and spirit of the support forum. Microsoft has feedback initiatives to address issues that users are having so use them. Its like going to a bank and yelling at the teller because you lost money in the stock market.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 1:04 PM
  • Judging by the total lack of response to my question about how to disable ClearType globally in Vista, your solution may be the best option for my problem as well. :-)

What really annoys me is that somebody at MS has decided that when I disable ClearType, I really don't want to disable it everywhere.  Why would they think that I can't make the decision for myself.  Yes, I know that Segoe UI looks like cr*p with ClearType turned off, but thankfully the "NoSegoe" hack does a wonderful job of ridding the system of this horrible font.

Hopefully they will come to their senses with Windows 7 or whatever it will be called by the time it is released.  Just because they've spent lots of time and money on ClearType, I don't think that gives them a mandate to force it down our throats.  Sure lots of people love it, but plenty hate it as well. I want my fonts 1 pixel wide with no antialiasing thankyou very much!!  :-)

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 6:59 AM
  • Good fix, but I like mine better.

After buying a new HP with Vista pre-installed I got so frustrated I just put ALL of my Microsoft products in a box in the attic and switched to MAC.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 6:54 AM