Hide Server IP of Network Drive RRS feed

• Question

• I have Server IP (192.168.45.41) and a shared folder (ADHOME) for network drive share. When I allocate the network drive user. Server IP is also exposed to user. I want to hide server IP on client machine. 

Need your help in this regard please.

Thanks in advance

Friday, November 27, 2015 7:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, could you please tell us where you see the IP address or make a screenshot and upload to us?

As we known, when you use the hostname to access the share drive, the DNS server will analyze the IP address for the hostname and return the address to you so that you could access it.

Therefore, even though you do not want the users to see the IP address, but they still could see it via many ways, such as nslookup command.

Hope that will be helpful to you.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 30, 2015 4:09 AM
  • When users see the hard drives and removable drives in windows explorer. The network drive shows with drive letter (Z), shared folder name (adhome) and IP address of NAS Server (192.168.45.41)

e.g. adhome (Z) at 192.168.45.41

I want to hide IP address

Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:11 AM