Sony Cybershot and Vista compatability RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have an sony  didgital cybershot dsc P50. It worked fine in my other computer. Anyway I bought a dell with Windows Vsta basic and now it says there is a compatability issue and it can't find the driver and some components. I installed the camera with a disc tht came with it. What is wrong? is there some kind of program that I can install so that I can use this camera again? can anyone help?
    Sunday, January 27, 2008 12:03 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for your post!

For SONY camera compatibility information with Windows Vista, please refer to the following page from SONY official website:

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/news-item.pl?&news_id=149&mdl=DSCP50

Unfortunately, according to the list, DSC-P50 is not compatible with Windows Vista. Please understand that only the manufacturer of the product has the ability and right to release the driver for curtain operating system. Without a correct driver, what we can help from Windows side is limited.

In such a case, I recommend you to consult SONY for available method or push them to release updated driver, if possible.

Your understanding is greatly appreciated! I hope the issue can be fixed soon!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your post!

For SONY camera compatibility information with Windows Vista, please refer to the following page from SONY official website:

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/news-item.pl?&news_id=149&mdl=DSCP50

Unfortunately, according to the list, DSC-P50 is not compatible with Windows Vista. Please understand that only the manufacturer of the product has the ability and right to release the driver for curtain operating system. Without a correct driver, what we can help from Windows side is limited.

In such a case, I recommend you to consult SONY for available method or push them to release updated driver, if possible.

Your understanding is greatly appreciated! I hope the issue can be fixed soon!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:43 AM
  • Wow I was surprised to see a moderator here, on the Vista 64 Bit driver for MS Fingerprint reader nobody dares to gives us an answer, but on third part hardware you are able to.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:50 PM
  • i know this is over 1 year old, but i just had the same problem. i got my first pc with vista and sony says many of these old cameras are incompatible. i tried searching for other 3rd party drivers but many are fake sites or fake promises trying to get you to install their questional driver searching programs. the best solution i think is to use a computer that has a memory stick reader. luckily mine has one. it took me a while to remember that i had one since i never use it :p
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 6:33 AM