Recent Windows Install - New Updates Icon not show up / not visible / does not appear RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings mighty minds.

In the only question of this type I saw here, the asker was so focused on insulting you people that he didn't even ask a proper question, hence my question.

I have always the same annoying problem after newly installing windows. After the first update from the site (that I even have to trigger using the wuauclt.exe  /detectnow) DAYS GO BY without the New Updates (yellow coward) Icon showing up on the tray.

Can you be so kind as to indicate me how I can trigger this "windows event" so I can, as fast as I want, start the intallation of these updates right after them having been downloaded?

I asked Santa for a reply of this type: "You just have to type in the Run window, under an admin account: wuauclt /installnow OR wuauclt /DisplayNewUpdatesIconOnSysTrayNow."

He he,

Merry X-mas folks!

PS: installed WinXP and SP3.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:11 PM

Answers

• HO HO HO

After following the instructions on that site, I think the ones that worked for me were:

wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization /detectnow

or

wuauclt.exe /a /detectnow

wuauclt.exe /r

Of course I run these on a limited account, and after that had to switch to Admin mode and immediately the Yellow Coward showed up. Take that, Icon of Shame!

Finally, after so many years I found the solution for this problem! Too bad, windows XP will be discontinued in April next year  O.o/

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:02 PM

All replies

• Ok I found this jewel:  http://  technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc720477(v=WS.10).aspx

The only thing is, after running "wuauclt.exe /DemoUI", the bloody Yellow Icon shows up BUT:

after pressing it once, the Settings Dialog Box shows up. After clicking again, it just disappears and nothing is installed.

What on earth?

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:36 PM
  • HO HO HO

After following the instructions on that site, I think the ones that worked for me were:

wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization /detectnow

or

wuauclt.exe /a /detectnow

wuauclt.exe /r

Of course I run these on a limited account, and after that had to switch to Admin mode and immediately the Yellow Coward showed up. Take that, Icon of Shame!

Finally, after so many years I found the solution for this problem! Too bad, windows XP will be discontinued in April next year  O.o/

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:02 PM