none
Strange project : Timesheet Administrative Work Item RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I created an Excel report with all the names of my projects. But in this list I have a strange projet: Timesheet Administrative Work Item.

I guess it is the Administrative time worked that has been set in timesheets, but why is it here?

Thanks

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

in Administrative Time, there are three default categoriies: Vacation, Sickness, and Administrative. Vacation and Sickness are defined as non-working and will create calendar exceptions for a resource. Administrative is defined as working and because of this handled as a kind of project as you found. All three categories have an impact on resource availability, and in this way you can gather all information from RDB.

Not sure if this answers your question?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

in Administrative Time, there are three default categoriies: Vacation, Sickness, and Administrative. Vacation and Sickness are defined as non-working and will create calendar exceptions for a resource. Administrative is defined as working and because of this handled as a kind of project as you found. All three categories have an impact on resource availability, and in this way you can gather all information from RDB.

Not sure if this answers your question?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:38 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

In fact i am faceing the same problem, i already create a new thread but i beleive its still pointing to the same:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/projectserver2010general/thread/86c1cddd-bdc2-43ce-95fc-e4f2c351e9a3

Best Regards, Khaled

Monday, August 13, 2012 7:56 AM
  • When you create Time Reporting Periods, Project Server creates a faux Project in the Reporting database to maintain reporting relationships. This special project is the Administrative Time Categories.

Basically, if you filter out the name of the Administrative Project, you can eliminate that from your reporting. If you want to create a report on vacation time for example, you would only select this project.

Hope this helps.

Treb Gatte @tgatte

Monday, August 13, 2012 6:34 PM