none
Problem with MS Project Professional 2013 download RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded MS Project Professional 2013 and it asked me to burn a CD when I launched it.  I do not have authorization to Burn CD's because of company security.  I also updated to the latest JAVA release and retried the download with the same results.  Why is the product being downloaded as a disk image instead of a launch able program.  If this is a problem can I cancel my free 60 day trial and download an earlier version? 
    Friday, September 20, 2013 10:25 PM

Answers

• Tom --

If you have Windows 8, you can double-click the IMG file and extract the contents into a folder, and from there you can double-click the EXE and install the software.  Otherwise, you will need to download some software that can unzip the IMG file for you.  Before I got Windows 8 on my new laptop, I personally used 7-Zip to unzip the contents of the IMG file.

Also, your 60-day trial does not begin until you actually run the software for the first time.  And no, it is not possible to download an earlier version.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:40 AM

All replies

• Tom --

If you have Windows 8, you can double-click the IMG file and extract the contents into a folder, and from there you can double-click the EXE and install the software.  Otherwise, you will need to download some software that can unzip the IMG file for you.  Before I got Windows 8 on my new laptop, I personally used 7-Zip to unzip the contents of the IMG file.

Also, your 60-day trial does not begin until you actually run the software for the first time.  And no, it is not possible to download an earlier version.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:40 AM
  • I have a similar issue. When I download the trail version it states it has downloaded, it shows in My Documents but fails to mount or launch. Is this because I am evaluating a Visio trial program? When I downloaded the Visio trial program I had no issues and the program is working fine. What program do I need to open the IMG file?

Thanks

Friday, September 27, 2013 10:16 PM
  • Margaritasnun --

I personally like to use the program 7-Zip to unzip the contents of an IMG file to a folder where I can then run the EXE file and install the software.  I used this very process to install Project 2013 on my own personal laptop.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Proposed as answer by Jaie23 Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:50 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jaie23 Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:51 AM
    Saturday, September 28, 2013 1:52 AM