Get a report of No members of a Distribution Group RRS feed

• Question

• Hello team !!

I've been trying to get a report of users that don't belong to a certain Distribution List in Office 365, something like this , but just the opposite, no menbers instead of members:

Get-DistributionGroupMember -ResultSize unlimited grupo1@dominio.com | select DisplayName, PrimarySmtpAddress | Export-Csv C:\grupo1.csv -NoTypeInformation

Any ideas ??

thanks in advance

germain 

Monday, August 13, 2018 2:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Germain a 

Do you have a list of users already that you can then refernce agaist the group or do you want to just search all users in office 365. 

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful.

Monday, August 13, 2018 2:52 PM
  • Hello team !!

I've been trying to get a report of users that don't belong to a certain Distribution List in Office 365, something like this , but just the opposite, no menbers instead of members:

Get-DistributionGroupMember -ResultSize unlimited grupo1@dominio.com | select DisplayName, PrimarySmtpAddress | Export-Csv C:\grupo1.csv -NoTypeInformation

Any ideas ??

thanks in advance

germain 

I think you'd do better to get the distinguished name of the DL and then check the memberOf property of each user to see if that distinguished name is present.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange Ex-MVP (16 years)

• Proposed as answer by jrv Monday, August 13, 2018 4:59 PM
    Monday, August 13, 2018 3:29 PM
  • Hello team !!

Any ideas ??

thanks in advance

germain 

I think you'd do better to get the distinguished name of the DL and then check the memberOf property of each user to see if that distinguished name is present.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange Ex-MVP (16 years)

Hi Rich 

I dont think Office365 has memberOf attribute think that is only an AD attriubte. 

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful.

Monday, August 13, 2018 5:07 PM