Exchange 2010 - Odd need for user RRS feed

• Question

• I have an odd situation that I need to see if there is a solution.

I have a user that is currently not part of our organization, but will be soon.

This user will be a high ranking user who has not taken position,  but needs to be informed of

current events and emails that involve the organization.

I need this user to have an email account with the following restrictions in place.

User needs access to his own calendar, but only with permissions to view calendar.

User should not be able to edit or add items to calendar.

User will need to share his calendar with another user, who will be able to add, delete, and change items on the calendar.

User will need to be restricted from sending emails... only receive them.

Once user fills the position in a full time capacity, I will then need to be able to remove these restrictions and allow the user to have normal mailbox and calendar access.

Is this possible and if so, can someone offer suggestions on how to go about doing this?

I have been unable to find anything in the account settings itself to allow this,

so I would assume, if it's possible, it would have to be done with powershell,

which I'm not very familiar with... 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!   Thank you in advance!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 2:18 PM

Answers

• Hi

With all the restrictions why create a mailbox :-) just kidding.. you can limit the user either with powershell or the EMC.

Edward van Biljon - Exchange MVP

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 2:40 PM