access denied drive C using D vista RRS feed

• Question

• my mothers comp uses vista and i added win 7 to an additional partition to see witch one she liked better, she liked vista anyway i deleted win7 partition but now only have access to drive d drive c is denied and showes o memory before i shut down the comp it showed everything was back to normal however when i try to access sys restor or admin tools nothing works or access is denied any one know what i did or can help

Saturday, November 5, 2011 3:44 PM

Answers

• thanks for trying to help what i did was seperated vista and added 7 so when she started her comp it asks her to boot in 7or vista anyway i went in as admin and deleted 7 but when it started back up some how i closed parental control and access was denied. i had to start up in safe mode to unlock parental control.  I did fix this and things are running ok now.
    richard
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, November 8, 2011 2:05 AM
    Monday, November 7, 2011 4:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Were you using the administrator account and received the access denied error?

Does the Vista work properly?  How did you delete the Windows 7 partition? You may check if you took the steps properly: Uninstall Windows 7 on a multiboot system

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, November 7, 2011 7:11 AM
  • thanks for trying to help what i did was seperated vista and added 7 so when she started her comp it asks her to boot in 7or vista anyway i went in as admin and deleted 7 but when it started back up some how i closed parental control and access was denied. i had to start up in safe mode to unlock parental control.  I did fix this and things are running ok now.
    richard
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, November 8, 2011 2:05 AM
    Monday, November 7, 2011 4:54 PM