none
Date format issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have a legacy application (Borland Paradox) that ran fine on Vista, but when ported to a Windows 7 PC running under Windows Virtual PC, it kept throwing an error when querying dates. I have managed to track this down to the European format (DD/MM/YYYY) being interpreted as American format, i.e. MM/DD/YYYY. This is in spite of having the European format set correctly in both Windows 7 & the Virtual XP mode. Is there a way out of this conundrum please ?
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 9:22 PM

Answers

• Hi MeipoXu

Firstly, thank you for taking the trouble of replying. I tried the compatibility tab as you suggested, but there was no change, I still get an error related to the date - for example, it says that 31/12/2015 is an invalid date in spite of having the European date format specified in both the Windows Virtual PC & Windows 7. If I adjust the code in the query to 12/31/2015, ie the American format, the system runs without any problem.

Best regards

Geoff

Thursday, November 12, 2015 6:25 PM

All replies

• Hi GeoffBowen,

Since it is related to the date format, we could try to change the format here.

Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Region and Language

Considering the application works well on Windows Vista, we could try to run the application in compatibility mode to have a check.(Right click the application, Properties, Compatibility)

If the issue persists,  it is recommended to ask for help from the application`s support for help.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 3:08 AM
  • Hi MeipoXu

Firstly, thank you for taking the trouble of replying. I tried the compatibility tab as you suggested, but there was no change, I still get an error related to the date - for example, it says that 31/12/2015 is an invalid date in spite of having the European date format specified in both the Windows Virtual PC & Windows 7. If I adjust the code in the query to 12/31/2015, ie the American format, the system runs without any problem.

Best regards

Geoff

Thursday, November 12, 2015 6:25 PM
  • Hi GeoffBowen,

" If I adjust the code in the query to 12/31/2015, ie the American format, the system runs without any problem."

So the issue could be resolved by adjusting the code. Thanks for updating.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 13, 2015 2:01 AM