Internet Exployer Problem RRS feed

• Question

• When I go into Internet I have to reset internet setting and go out and then back in and it will work until I close out and go back in again then I have to do it again. I have ran Malware problem on my computer and didn't find anything.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Would you please let us know what the exact issue or error message is when Internet Explorer failed to work?

If the issue did not occur before, please try to use the system restore, return to the point which did not appear the problem.

I think you can check the add-ons. Open Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Manage add-ons, and then find the add-ons or software you downloaded before meeting the problem and disable them.

I also suspect this may be related to software conflict, please check it with clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Thanks.

• Edited by summer deng Friday, April 12, 2013 10:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:08 AM
    Friday, April 12, 2013 9:34 AM
  • When I go into Internet I have to reset internet setting and go out and then back in and it will work until I close out and go back in again then I have to do it again.

Are you using RIES and deleting personal settings?  If not it won't do much for you.  In any case instead of your "go out and then back in" procedure (which suggests that you are trying to perform RIES while IE is open), do it with no IE running by using the Control Panel's Internet Options applet.   Then instead of starting IE however you are doing it with your "back in" procedure do it this way.   Run... (e.g. press Win-R and enter:)

iexplore.exe  -nohome  -extoff

Then if you have any problem symptoms after that, describe them in detail.   So far you have given no clue as to why you think you have to "do it again" or what you did and saw while it was "working".

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 12, 2013 2:52 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

Would you please let us know what the exact issue or error message is when Internet Explorer failed to work?

If the issue did not occur before, please try to use the system restore, return to the point which did not appear the problem.

I think you can check the add-ons. Open Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Manage add-ons, and then find the add-ons or software you downloaded before meeting the problem and disable them.

I also suspect this may be related to software conflict, please check it with clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Thanks.

• Edited by summer deng Friday, April 12, 2013 10:00 AM
    Friday, April 12, 2013 9:34 AM
  • When I go into Internet I have to reset internet setting and go out and then back in and it will work until I close out and go back in again then I have to do it again.

Are you using RIES and deleting personal settings?  If not it won't do much for you.  In any case instead of your "go out and then back in" procedure (which suggests that you are trying to perform RIES while IE is open), do it with no IE running by using the Control Panel's Internet Options applet.   Then instead of starting IE however you are doing it with your "back in" procedure do it this way.   Run... (e.g. press Win-R and enter:)

iexplore.exe  -nohome  -extoff

Then if you have any problem symptoms after that, describe them in detail.   So far you have given no clue as to why you think you have to "do it again" or what you did and saw while it was "working".

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 12, 2013 2:52 PM
    Answerer