1007781356 DCOM error while moving user to other pool RRS feed

• Question

• While migrating user from Lync Server 2013 pool to Skype For Business Server pool, there is a user which is failing with error "Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) operation begin move away failed.,0,0,-1007781356" however no error for other users.

In the SFB Control Panel, user is still showing registered with Lync 2013 Pool. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

-James

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:26 PM

Answers

• The concept of moving him back was that there was still a corrupted object in the user database.  Forcing him to the new pool fixed the main issue, moving him back cleaned up the old database record, and moving him again got him to the desired pool.  Re-importing his contacts (you can use my tool for that too: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Lync-2013-Backup-and-1f3167c8) got him back to normal.  I had to rinse and repeat for about 100 of these guys on that deployment.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, October 24, 2016 10:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Friday, October 28, 2016 9:59 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:27 PM
  • Hi James,

Welcome to our forum.

In addition to above suggestions, we suggest you do the following steps:

1. Restart all FE servers which are in two pools 
    2. We know you have migrated all other user to new pool, we still suggest you make sure Cross-Database Access is enabled in SQL server:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb669059(v=vs.110).aspx 

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, October 24, 2016 10:03 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 9:52 AM

All replies

• Yep, I wrote about it here:

http://www.skypeadmin.com/2014/09/22/lync-dcom-1007781356-1007200250-rollbackmoveaway/

Sometimes they're just corrupted.  You can move them with -force and then restore the contants in some circumstances.  In other circumstances, you may have to be prepared to wipe out their contacts.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:47 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your reply and great article. I want to check, will it applicable if  there is no event log 4073 into the FE server ?

In my case, user is still showing registered with old pool and as per fix mentioned in the article "Moving the previously forced-moved users back to their old pool".I did not understand the concept moving user back to old pool where he already resides.

-James

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:13 PM
  • The concept of moving him back was that there was still a corrupted object in the user database.  Forcing him to the new pool fixed the main issue, moving him back cleaned up the old database record, and moving him again got him to the desired pool.  Re-importing his contacts (you can use my tool for that too: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Lync-2013-Backup-and-1f3167c8) got him back to normal.  I had to rinse and repeat for about 100 of these guys on that deployment.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, October 24, 2016 10:04 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:27 PM
  • Okej tack !

Här är de steg som vi måste följa för att åtgärda problemet:

1) Exportanvändar Kontakter

2) Force flytta användare till den nya poolen

3) Flytta användaren tillbaka till gamla pool

4) Återigen flytta användaren Nee detstination pool

5) Import Användar kontakter

Rätta om jag saknar något steg här.

-James

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:46 PM
  • Yes, those are the steps as I see them.  Maybe make a backup using export-csuserdata before you start.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:47 PM
  • Hi James,

Welcome to our forum.

In addition to above suggestions, we suggest you do the following steps:

1. Restart all FE servers which are in two pools 
    2. We know you have migrated all other user to new pool, we still suggest you make sure Cross-Database Access is enabled in SQL server:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb669059(v=vs.110).aspx 

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, October 24, 2016 10:03 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 9:52 AM