none
Outlook on no domain users

Question

• Hi Guys,

my scenario is as next ,

have exchange picking up emails using pop connector from our ISP domain registra.

we are sending using smarthost of isp.

we have already a configured webmail.domain.com and everything works fine .

we have some users which are not member of the domain using office 2013 ,

we want to add their mailbox to their outlook using outlook anywhere.

can you please advise how to do so ? should I enable some feature on the exchange side to make this happens ?

thank you

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 3:23 PM

Answers

• Make sure you have autodiscover.domian.com published and NAT'ed to your Exchange environment (ideally the same place webmail.domain.com resolves to.  Also make sure you're ExternalHostname for OutlookAnywhere is resolvable via the internet.

As long as all that works, you should be good to go.  If you run into issue check out the EXRCA and see what that reports.

https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 4:22 PM

All replies

• Make sure you have autodiscover.domian.com published and NAT'ed to your Exchange environment (ideally the same place webmail.domain.com resolves to.  Also make sure you're ExternalHostname for OutlookAnywhere is resolvable via the internet.

As long as all that works, you should be good to go.  If you run into issue check out the EXRCA and see what that reports.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 4:22 PM

thank you so much,

autodiscover is already created and reachable on the DNS.

just tested it on a no domain users and it works,

the only issue now is the autodiscover dns name is not on the ssl certificate.

I probably need to create a new one.

can I have multiple cname mapping to the same dns name ?

like autodiscover.domain1.com  to webmail.domain.com

autodiscover.domain2.com to webmail.domain.com

?

• Edited by Julien.AG Sunday, November 22, 2015 7:03 PM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 6:43 PM
  • any one please ?

Sunday, November 22, 2015 7:10 PM
  • Autodiscover.domain.com should point to the same IP as your webmail.domian.com address.

You can certainly have multiple names pointed to the same IP.  Just make sure you have a certificate with all the names on bound to IIS.

Monday, November 23, 2015 2:46 PM
  • Autodiscover.domain.com should point to the same IP as your webmail.domian.com address.

You can certainly have multiple names pointed to the same IP.  Just make sure you have a certificate with all the names on bound to IIS.

on the SSL request I can add multiple autodiscover.domain.com ?

thank you

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 12:38 PM

thank you

As long as you own the public domain, i don't see why not.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 4:31 PM

thank you

As long as you own the public domain, i don't see why not.

Testing it on one user and it works fine thank you.

the user I am having using office 2010.

does office 2010 has a limit on exchange ? because it seems I can only add one exchange account. Does office 2013 / 2016 has that limit too ? we are planning to buy the license and want to know before we buy something.

thank you

• Edited by Julien.AG Saturday, November 28, 2015 12:44 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 7:27 PM