Firefox RRS feed

• Question

• I have just upgraded to windows 10 and cannot open Firefox! I keep getting the message; Display driver stopped responding and has recovered, but it keeps trying to open and in the end I have to force close down in order to move on.

Please help.

Joan.

Sunday, August 9, 2015 3:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You'd better check the model of Graphics Card that you are using. Such as, ATI HD3870 or NIVIDA GTX 650. Then go to their Official website and find the driver that released for Windows 10.

Regards,

George Zhao

Forum Support

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 7:30 AM

All replies

• The error message is not from firefox but your OS.  I would start by re-installing your video driver and if you continue to crash re-installing Firefox

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Sunday, August 9, 2015 3:35 PM
  • Hi

Did you already have latest video driver as ZigZag3143x suggested?

Download the latest version of Mozilla to test

If this issue only persist at Mozilla I suggest contact their support

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1015387

Andy Nugraha

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 3:10 AM
  • Thank you Andy - but I don't know where that driver is - so I have not tried that.  For a minute or two today Firefox opened, but when I tried to get my email from there - it crashed again and kept doing the same thing with the same message saying it had stopped and recovered.  Can you tell me where I would find that driver?
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 4:31 AM
  • Hi,

You'd better check the model of Graphics Card that you are using. Such as, ATI HD3870 or NIVIDA GTX 650. Then go to their Official website and find the driver that released for Windows 10.

Regards,

George Zhao

Forum Support

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 7:30 AM