Terminal Server Performance RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone loaded Forefront Client Security on a terminal server?   If so, how was the performance.  Did you notice any problems?
    Monday, June 11, 2007 2:49 PM

All replies

• i've done it in my latest deployment with one of my customers...

after figuring out that users can run "scan now" in several diffrent sessions simulationsly, wev'e decided to disable the GUI for clients on all terminal servers. this way, scheduled scan are run only at the console level and the clients cannot interfere with the clients work, they only get an alert incase anything happen (the icon turns red) and can fix it by clicking it.

works great !

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:05 PM
  • Excellent!.  Thanks for the info.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 8:10 PM
  • We've just installed Forefront on 4 production Terminal Servers (130+ users). We're experiencing performance issues. Does anyone have any "Best Practice" documentation for TS installs? E.g. how often should we schedule scans? What are the best settings? Is there a way to have only one instance of the service running on the system instead of an instance for each user?

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 12:31 PM
  • I just wanted to add that Microsoft has released a hotfix for Windows Server 2003 to solve hang problems when ForeFront Client Security is installed on a Terminal Server.

"A Windows Server 2003-based terminal server that also runs Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server may stop responding every few days, and you may receive a gray screen when you log on to the terminal server"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960092

Morgan

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:40 PM