Run a scheduled Task from a Internal Website RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings all, 

I have setup a server that run multiple Scheduled Task and I am trying to find a way to create a Web interface so that I can or an end user remote kick off the scheduled task. I have the task set to run at a specific time, but I would for the user and I to be able to kick off the job remotely having an interface for them. 

so for example.... I have an FTP setup to send a file at 4pm in the task scheduler, but user A would like to send the file at 9am instead and would like to run the job now. instead of having the user log onto the server or having to teach them about schtasks or anything .  i would just like to have an web interface that the user can open and click an icon. 

many thanks, 

Monte Bratschi

MCP, CCA

Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:19 PM

Answers

• You may want to consider to build a page that kicks off a command shell to run the "SCHTASKS /run" command.   I would expect that to work.  So depending on the programming code that you use, I would check on their forum for additional help.

For instance, if you develop in asp.net, go to the official MS forum... http://forums.ASP.net

Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
    • Marked as answer by Bruce-Liu Monday, July 11, 2011 5:10 AM
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:28 PM