Forms in Outlook? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

So this is probably a dumb thing, but I'm not really sure I totally understand the concept of Outlook forms, so if someone could explain the general purpose of them, that'd probably help a bunch. 

Anyways, I work as an assistant for a company, and people are always sending me requests to reserve the company vehicles or reserving the conference room, etc. because I am one of only a few people who have the authority to edit the company calendar.  It's been hard keeping track of all the different requests, especially since many people don't give proper details and they think it's easier to request reservations verbally while I'm away from my desk.  So I wanted to create a form to distribute to everyone in the network that is easily accessible to them in their own outlook account, BUT I don't want it to automatically add the reservation to the calendar.  Basically, I just want the form to automatically email the reservation email to me so that I have a written copy of their request and I want to manually double check and input it into our office calendar.  

...I'm not really sure if that's even possible, but if it is, could someone please help me??

Friday, October 28, 2016 2:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

A form provides a way to distribute and collect information electronically. For example, you can use forms to order supplies or post information to a public folder. Microsoft Office Outlook provides built-in forms such as the Message form to compose messages and the Contact form to enter information for a contact. If you have sent an e-mail message or created an appointment, you have used a form. Every Outlook item is based on a form.

As far as I know, a form in Outlook cannot be used to automatically email the reservation email to you. What your required can be achieved by an Outlook rule in the resource mailbox or via adding a delegate.

If you have proper permission to access the mailbox which the company calendar belongs to, you can created a rule in the mailbox to automatically forward all meeting requests send to the calendar to your Inbox.

Or, you can consider to contact your admin and ask him/her to add you as a delegate to the calendar.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, November 7, 2016 3:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:03 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2016 2:43 PM