none
Identity Picker Control - How to filter specific objects on the textbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In the UOCIdentityPicker control, is there way we can restrict certain objects? We specify SearchScope and keywords as Property and that works for the popup window [Identity Picker] searches. But how do we enforce the same searchscope results on the textbox directly.

for example, i have a custom attribute for some Mailbox Permissions, and I have to select only mail-enabled security groups. 

i defined a searchscope, and on the popup i only show mail-enabled security groups. so user can't select distribution groups on the pop up search windows. However, if they type distribution group directly on the textbox, it is just resolving because the on the ObjectTypes property, we have only option to mention the object types. Not sure this allows any further XPath filters? 

Also one more issue is, if you copy anyother objects, example users and paste into the textbox, it is accepting eventhough objectTypes property is specified as Group. I think its a bug?  in my openion, it should not resolve for non specified object types.

do i have any workarounds to limit the specific objects on the textbox searches?

<my:Property my:Name="ObjectTypes" my:Value="Group"/>

Friday, July 27, 2012 2:51 PM

All replies

• <my:Property my:Name="ResultObjectType" my:Value="YourSearchScope"/>

<my:Property my:Name="AttributesToSearch" my:Value="DisplayName, AcountName"/>

Try this. with the first one you should be able to define search scope. With the second you should be able to define what attributes that are searchable within your search scope.

Hope this helps.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:09 PM