none
PDP Project Informationin PWA 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is it possible to  edit the PDP "Project Information" in PWA so that I could add some project custom fields, especially the Department field?

Thanks

Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Server Settings - Project Detail Pages - ProjectInformation. Site Actions - Edit Page - Edit Webpart. With Modify button in the right pane, you can add and remove fields.

Does this help?
    Barbara

Monday, April 18, 2011 4:04 AM
  • Hi,

in my case, I can edit them (if they are no formulas). Have you clicked on Edit, the very left button? Has this user permission to Edit Project Summary Fields as provided on category level?

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Monday, April 18, 2011 9:01 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 7:52 AM
  • HI,

apart from the formula fields, you should be able to edit the other project custom fields.

Verify if the logged-in user you are using to edit the information have the Edit Project Summary fields group permissions?

Hope this helps.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    • Edited by Khurram Jamshed Monday, April 18, 2011 7:53 AM corrected the permission name
    Monday, April 18, 2011 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Server Settings - Project Detail Pages - ProjectInformation. Site Actions - Edit Page - Edit Webpart. With Modify button in the right pane, you can add and remove fields.

Does this help?
    Barbara

Monday, April 18, 2011 4:04 AM
  • Thanks la lot Barbara,

That works!

But all the fields we add in this PDP are "Read Only". Is it possible to define some fields as Read/write?

Monday, April 18, 2011 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

in my case, I can edit them (if they are no formulas). Have you clicked on Edit, the very left button? Has this user permission to Edit Project Summary Fields as provided on category level?

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, April 18, 2011 7:52 AM
  • HI,

apart from the formula fields, you should be able to edit the other project custom fields.

Verify if the logged-in user you are using to edit the information have the Edit Project Summary fields group permissions?

Hope this helps.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    • Edited by Khurram Jamshed Monday, April 18, 2011 7:53 AM corrected the permission name
    Monday, April 18, 2011 7:53 AM
  • Thanks Barbara,

• My project custom fields don't have any formula.
    • Yes, I started with a click on the Edit buton on the very left of the ribbon.
    • I think I have the permission to Edit Project Summary Fields as I am the administrator.

I am able to add and display all the project custom fields I want (especially the Department field) but they are read only... I cannot update them in this page.

May be my explanations were wrong :-(

When I'm editing the WebPart, I can edit all the projet custom fields I want (generally with drop down lists). But what i want is that the user (Project Manager) could be able to edit the same fields without editing the PDP : it seems that nobody can acces the custom fields in the PDP without editing it.

Monday, April 18, 2011 8:20 AM
  • Hi,

hmmmm, is this project perhaps checked-out in another session? Are you allowed to modify "Project Owner" (default field on this page).

Regards
    Barbara

• Proposed as answer by Robert6156 Wednesday, July 3, 2013 9:40 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

are you allowed to edit your fields in a newly created PDP (see Christophe's description http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrisfie/archive/2010/01/08/how-to-project-2010-edit-project-custom-fields-in-pwa.aspx)

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, April 18, 2011 8:46 AM
  • Barbara,

Definitely, you are right: some projects were checked-out! Sorry for disturbing you.

May be I'm not well awake :)

Thanks for your efficient help

Monday, April 18, 2011 8:52 AM