PerformancePoint configuration - first time use RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am new to SharePoint and PerformancePoint. We are running SharePoint 2010. PerformancePoint was never used before. I am trying to configure PerformancePoint for the first time.

In our test environment I was able to activate PerformancePoint Services Site Collection Features and SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure for site collection as well as site (only PerformancePoint Services Site Features). I also was able to create a BI site from a template and to run Dashboard designer (with some difficulties – had to find a work around).

I understand that I also have to setup an unattended service account for PerformancePoint. However when I go to “Central Administration” à “Application Management” à “Manage Service Applications” I do not see PerformancePoint Service Application. I am lost. I researched PerformancePoint configuration and learned that there are many little things you have to setup here and there. I am a SQL Server developer and this is an unfamiliar territory for me. Does anyone know if there is a site where I can find step-by-step instructions on PerformancePoint configuration from start to finish? Obviously I am missing some steps if I cannot see PerformancePoint Service Application within Service Applications list.

Please advise. You help is greatly appreciated…

Thanks!

Lana

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hey Lana,

Please check the following link for a step by step tutorial on setting up PPS:

http://www.sharepointboost.com/blog/configure-pps/

It is quite detailed and you should be able to setup PPS by following the steps provided. In case you face any issues, please feel free to post your questions here.

HTH.

Cheers,

IceQB

Please mark correct answers :)

• Edited by IceQB (MCITP, MCC) Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lana R Thursday, June 28, 2012 4:00 PM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:53 AM

All replies

• Hey Lana,

Please check the following link for a step by step tutorial on setting up PPS:

http://www.sharepointboost.com/blog/configure-pps/

It is quite detailed and you should be able to setup PPS by following the steps provided. In case you face any issues, please feel free to post your questions here.

HTH.

Cheers,

IceQB

• Edited by IceQB (MCITP, MCC) Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lana R Thursday, June 28, 2012 4:00 PM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:53 AM
  • Thank you IceQB, excellent link!

I was able to set it up, however I still have problem with the Dashboard Designer. Every time I try to create a new datasource I get this error:

"An unexpected system error occurred, Additional details have been logged for your administrator."

Do you know by any chance where those logs are?

Thanks again!

Lana

Thursday, June 28, 2012 4:00 PM
  • Hey Lana,

Can you please check the application event log in the event viewer to check for any errors related to PerformancePoint Services and post them here?

Cheers,

IceQB

Thursday, June 28, 2012 4:11 PM
  • Hi IceQB,

Here is the error message I've got from Event Viewer:

" int1 15568
      string2 Microsoft.SharePoint.SPEndpointAddressNotFoundException: There are no addresses available for this application. at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoundRobinServiceLoadBalancer.BeginOperation() at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.BIMonitoringServiceApplicationProxy.GetBalancerContext() at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.BIMonitoringServiceApplicationProxy.ExecuteOnChannel(CodeBlock codeBlock) "

Thanks IceQB!

• Edited by Lana R Friday, June 29, 2012 2:41 PM addition
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:23 PM
  • Hi,

Please find below very nice link for PPS configuration as well as its utilization.

SharePoint 2010 Performance Point Service Configuration and Utilization

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/386150/SharePoint-2010-Performance-Point-Service-Configur

Thanks!!

Regards,

Vijay

• Proposed as answer by er.vijay Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:32 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by er.vijay Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:47 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:32 AM
  • Thank you Vijay, great link!
    Monday, April 15, 2013 8:31 PM