Google Calendar Issues in Outlook 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Interoffice calendar sharing is done via Google Calendar because it is free and allows everyone to see the calendar on all machines in the office as well as see them seamlessly on their phones iPhone or Android.

We have a mixed environment. Outlook's integration of the office Google calendar seems to work fine on the machine that was upgraded from 7 and Office 2010, it's fine for the guy using Thunderbird, and all of the phones, the other machines use the web as they don't have personal machines just production environment machines.

I have one Windows 10 native clean install machine that had Office 2007 that was upgraded to 365, on this machine once the upgrade happened, all the message filters in Outlook and the calendar connection tot he Google calendar were lost in the upgrade.

I have reconnected them, but this individual cannot add events to that calendar via Outlook, they never get notifications on any alarms or events from that calendar even though we can see them. We turned on the calendar upcoming events pane (I forget the official name) and it ignores this added calendar and says there are no updoming events, even though in the calendar tab we have unselected the internal outlook calendar and have selected the google calendar and can see all the events.

I essentially need the internal calendar to go away and have only the company calendar. I understand if the functionality to control and add/edit to this calendar is missing for Outlook users still for some reason, but it HAS to start giving the notifications and showing the upcoming events. I thought about import, but the calendar needs to be autonomous in that the user can not be required to manually update or sync, that all needs to be background automated.

I just need some guidance and I have searched and searched and there's a lot of how to get it in outlook, but we already did that, now I need it to actually work and be functional. I truly appreciate any help!

Friday, June 23, 2017 3:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using the latest version of Google app sync? As far as I know, older version of Google app sync doesn't support syncing calendar within Outlook 2016.

>>We turned on the calendar upcoming events pane (I forget the official name) and it ignores this added calendar and says there are no updoming events, even though in the calendar tab we have unselected the internal outlook calendar and have selected the google calendar and can see all the events.

By "the calendar upcoming events pane", do you mean the To-Do bar calendar pane which could be enabled under View tab > To-Do Bar > Calendar? If this is the case, I'm afraid it only displays upcoming events for your Default calendar in Outlook, so it's the expected behavior that it doesn't show events from your Google calendar.

>>I have reconnected them, but this individual cannot add events to that calendar via Outlook, they never get notifications on any alarms or events from that calendar even though we can see them.

How did you reconnect the calendar connection? Did the user get any error message when it failed to add events to the calendar in Outlook? 

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:31 AM
    Monday, June 26, 2017 8:54 AM
  • Sorry for the delay, very busy!

No this was very specifically called upcoming events. I do want the google calendar to be the default calendar. I would like the outlook calendar to fully integrate the google calendar just like the Windows 10 OS calendar does or how it does on thunderbird.

Hmmm, Google AppSync? I was just using the instructions where you just input the link from the google calendar page into Outlook 2016 under add an internet calendar, which how I reconnected it, and thats how we have done it on all the other machines WIN7 and WIN10, and the thunderbird machine previously. When I searched for how to do this these were the only instructions I have found for these versions on these OS's.

No errors, it adds the google calendar, but it ignores it mostly and acts like it doesnt exist. All i ever see of anything calendar wise is the "default" calendar, which it is useless to allow other calendars and not integrate them into the default or allow them to be the default because if you dont, its apparent for all intent and purposes they become invisible.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:26 PM
  • Still trying to find answers on this, i have continued to search here and other forums and sites for an answer to this.
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 2:37 PM
  • Bump
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 10:45 PM
  • You can use OggSync (https://oggsync.com) to sync your Outlook calendars with Google.
    Sunday, January 7, 2018 9:43 PM