none
Machine does not boot up Automatically until any key is pressed

Question

• Hello Team,

I need help with the issue that I am facing recently. My machine does not boot up automatically. If any key is pressed it loads absolutely fine. I am using Windows 8.1 64 bit OS on the laptop and it does take 3-4 seconds to boot up after pressing key. After a week time it was booting automatically. 

Kindly suggest me the resolution.

Many Thanks

Rohit Thakur

Monday, January 29, 2018 10:43 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Is that if the issue occur but it will boot up normally after one week?

Please provide a screenshot about this issue, upload the screenshot onto OneDrive and share the link here. If the screenshot contains the privacy information, please hide it.

Please try to boot into safe mode or use clean boot to see if the issue still occur.

Here is a link about boot into safe mode.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17076/windows-8-startup-settings-safe-mode

Here is a link about use clean boot for your reference.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

In addition, please check for and install any available updates. (Type Check for updates in search box , then select Check for updates. )

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by RohitThakur Wednesday, March 14, 2018 3:06 PM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 7:25 AM
  •  

Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Rohit,

What does the screen display before you hit the key?

Regards

Simon

Monday, January 29, 2018 11:35 AM
  •  

Hi,

Is that if the issue occur but it will boot up normally after one week?

Please provide a screenshot about this issue, upload the screenshot onto OneDrive and share the link here. If the screenshot contains the privacy information, please hide it.

Please try to boot into safe mode or use clean boot to see if the issue still occur.

Here is a link about boot into safe mode.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17076/windows-8-startup-settings-safe-mode

Here is a link about use clean boot for your reference.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

In addition, please check for and install any available updates. (Type Check for updates in search box , then select Check for updates. )

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:26 AM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 7:25 AM
  •  

Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:26 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:45 AM
  • Hi Simon,

The laptop screen display Lenovo with black background. It stuck there until and unless I press any key.

After pressing key, it boot up in 3 second.

Please suggest any resolution. 

thanks

Rohit

Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:51 AM
  • Thank you for suggestion, I will check this out and id that works.
    Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:55 AM
  • To evaluate the computer environment please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command:

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

It will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

Sometimes the dxdiag file needs to be found and saved manually:  In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread
    Saturday, February 10, 2018 7:03 AM