none
ProjectServer 2010 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

As of today, what is the latest service pack and cumulative update for ProjectServer 2010?

I have given a task to update the Projectserver 2010 to it's latest SP and CU.

I never installed Project Server 2010 before but installed and configured SharePoint 2010 many times

The current version of the SharePoint is:

Farm Information 

Configuration database version: 14.0.6117.5002 

Does it mean Share Point and Project Server are at version level 14.0.6117.5002? or it's only SharePoint version? If it's only SharePoint version,  How do we find Project Server 2010 version? 

Do we need to apply the SP and CU separately for Share Point and Project Server or do we have combined SP and CU for SharePoint & Project Server 2010? Please advise.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:45 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

When Project Server is integrated with SharePoint, you always have to install
    Server roll up patch version of SP or CU, which contains updates for both the
    applications.

Version 14.0.6117.5002  indicates you have March 2013 CU (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2597152/en-us)

Before applying a Service Pack or CU for Project Server, points to remember
    are:

• Take full farm backup
    • Manually take database backup.
    • Before applying the update in production, make sure to test the same in non-production
      environment like development.
    • Extensive testing is necessary before applying CU in production environment 
    • It’s strongly recommended to keep server and client (Project Pro) on same patch level.
    • Review the released knowledgebase article associated with Service Pack or CU for potential fixes and
      understand the impact
    • Microsoft host a webcast session after every release of Service Pack or Cumulative Update.
    • The  Microsoft Project Server group conducts web cast after each CU release,
      joining these web cast helps to understand the process better. If you have any questions or queries you can directly ask the Microsoft EPM team during the web cast sessions.
    • If you have multiple servers in the farm, you must install same CU on each server (WFE & APP except database server) before initiating SharePoint Configuration Wizard.
    • Make sure to first complete the SharePoint Configuration wizard on the server hosting 'SharePoint Central Admin' site.

You may find information about the latest CU and other known issues and their solutions related to Project Server on

http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/rss.aspx

In my personal opinion, instead of SP2 , I would consider Dec 2012 CU is most stable CU.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:48 PM