BSOD After Uninstall of SP3 RRS feed

• Question

• I've had this computer running for the past 5 years at least with XP Pro SP3 but never had any luck with IE8 working or being able to update so I decided to uninstall IE 8 but later found out that I had to uninstall SP3 first. I did so and after uninstalling SP3 and rebooting I got the BSOD. I can boot into Safe Mode and looking at Device Manager everything seems to be in order.

I am thinking that maybe I should uninstall all the SP3 updates but am unsure. Any help would be appreciated.

Sunday, February 2, 2014 3:05 AM

Answers

• I actually got everything up and running while waiting for a reply here. What I did was reinstall SP3 and everything was back to normal but it did require downloading and reinstalling all the critical updates from MS again. Even IE 8 is working.
    • Marked as answer by TopThumb Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:11 PM
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:11 PM

All replies

• Please share minidump for BSOD.

Also, you can refer this : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/883c9b46-6fc5-44f1-ba20-b111caad0487/new-problems-after-uninstalling-sp3?forum=itproxpsp

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, February 2, 2014 1:09 PM
  • Can I do a minidump while in Safe Mode because that's the only way I can get to it?

OK, I tried it in Safe mode and I get a blank minidump.

• Edited by TopThumb Sunday, February 2, 2014 3:03 PM
    Sunday, February 2, 2014 1:41 PM
  • What the error like? Post something :)

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 3:53 PM
  • We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  
    We prefer at least 2 DMP files to spot trends and confirm the cause.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:00 PM
  • I actually got everything up and running while waiting for a reply here. What I did was reinstall SP3 and everything was back to normal but it did require downloading and reinstalling all the critical updates from MS again. Even IE 8 is working.
    • Marked as answer by TopThumb Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:11 PM
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:11 PM