none
Group Policy Results for Domain

Question

• Is there a way I could find out if some of the group policies that I have set up are successfully applied to all users/computers on my domain.  I know I can run the Group Policy Results Wizard on a per computer/user basis but can I do it for a domain scan?  If I had to find out if every user's group policies were successfully applied, how would I go about this rather than running the wizard on a per user/computer basis?  Running the wizard on 1000 objects would take a long time.
    Friday, January 30, 2015 4:54 PM

Answers

• The Group Policy Client Side Extensions (CSEs) create event logs on the client (domain member) when the CSEs are processed.

You can examine the client logs for the relevant GP processing events, and you could remotely collect those events.

you could also consider event-forwarding so that the clients automatically forward events of the desired type to a centralised server where you have enabled event collector.

Or you could use an agent-based solution where an agent on the clients would provide similar telemetry for you (eg SCOM)

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Is there a way I could find out if some of the group policies that I have set up are successfully applied to all users/computers on my domain.

There is no such a tool to do this. When we collect group policy result report for domain user and computer accounts, we need to specify specific user and computer account to get the corresponding result report.

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 5:30 AM
  • The Group Policy Client Side Extensions (CSEs) create event logs on the client (domain member) when the CSEs are processed.

You can examine the client logs for the relevant GP processing events, and you could remotely collect those events.

you could also consider event-forwarding so that the clients automatically forward events of the desired type to a centralised server where you have enabled event collector.

Or you could use an agent-based solution where an agent on the clients would provide similar telemetry for you (eg SCOM)

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 7:35 AM
  • Just an idea, i'm not sure whether this one will work for you.

How about running a logon script with this : gpresult /h \\server\shared_folder\gpresult.html

or try GP Modelling on the DC

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
    IT Stuff Quick Bytes

• Edited by cguan Tuesday, February 03, 2015 7:54 AM edit
    Tuesday, February 03, 2015 7:52 AM
  • > There is no such a tool to do this.

...at least not from MSFT. But there are others :)

Martin

Mal ein GUTES Buch über GPOs lesen?

NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs?
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment :))
    Tuesday, February 03, 2015 9:44 AM