Description: The remote server did not satisfy the mutual authentication requirement. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed App Controller 2012 and i tested it and worked as it should be.

Now its stopped working and when i checked the connection i saw that i received the following error

You cannot access VMM management server <servername>

Category: Critical
    Message: System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityNegotiationException
    Description: The remote server did not satisfy the mutual authentication requirement.

I telnet to the servername using 8100 port its working. any suggestions?

ITLAAL

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:44 PM

Answers

• Hi, I solved the problem by resetting the account trust in the AD. I will get back to this post if it will happen again!

ITLAAL

• Marked as answer by Laith_IT Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:50 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Laith_IT,

To help narrow down the issue:

1. Is the App Controller server and the VMM server in the same domain?
    2. Is the user account connecting to App Controller in the same domain as the App Controller server?
    3. If there are different domains, is there a 2 way trust between the domains?
    4. Is Update Rollup 1 installed on the VMM server and the VMM console installed on the App Controller server?
    5. Is your VMM management server clustered?

Sorry for the long list of questions.

App Controller mutual authenticates with the VMM server and there are several factors that affect the negotiation between the two. Knowing a little more about your environment will help direct troubleshooting.

Thanks

Richard

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:23 PM
  • Hi, I solved the problem by resetting the account trust in the AD. I will get back to this post if it will happen again!

ITLAAL

• Marked as answer by Laith_IT Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:50 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:50 PM