Unexpecetd forwarding RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we have a very strange behavior for only one user

When the user gets a call, his Skype for business client rings for about 10 seconds, then the call will be forwarded to a response group where he is member of. We checked all his settings,and  he does not have set up any forwarding rules on his client. We tried to delete and recreated his Skype for business user but same behavior. Also the response group was deleted an recreated but no change.

Has anyone an explanation where this forwarding is coming from ?

Looking forward for some ideas.

best regards

Michael

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

What is your environment, on-premises or online?

Do you sign in the problem account to other machines and have a try?

You can execute “Get-CsVoicePolicy” to check if the value of AllowCallForwarding is False as below:

If the value is True, please execute “Set-CsVoicePolicy -AllowCallForwarding $False” to set the value as False.

Then, try to verify the problem account.

If the method doesn’t work, I suggest you check the options in Skype for Business client again as the following document:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-call-forwarding-options-in-skype-for-business-1ec2e7fb-471c-4c35-bc90-a35991b3f532

Moreover, make sure the client version is the latest one.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:53 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

thanks for your replay.

Our environment is on-premise. I tried now on an other computer but same problem, after about 10 seconds the call will be forwarded to the response group. I do not like to disable the forwarding as the voice policy is used by about 500 other users (they do not have problems).

Client versions is latest one (we are using O365 -Click to run). I also checked again his client forwaring settings, there is nothing active.

Any other ideas ?

best regards Michael

Friday, November 22, 2019 10:52 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Do others in the same response group have the same problem?

Perhaps, you could try to disable “AllowCallForwarding” to see if the parameter has impact on this user.

Then, you can set the “AllowCallForwarding” value as True and check this user again.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:21 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:19 AM
  • Here I will provide a brief and temporary summary of this post.

<Issue Symptom>:

When the user gets a call, his SFB client rings about 10 seconds. Then the call will be forwarded to a response group where he is member of.

<(Possible) Cause>:

It seems related to configuration.

<Troubleshooting Steps so far>:

Check user settings.

Delete and recreate user account and response group.

Try to sign in other client with the problem account.

<Next Step>:

Try to disable “AllowCallForwarding” to see if the parameter has impact on this user.

<Reference Links>:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-call-forwarding-options-in-skype-for-business-1ec2e7fb-471c-4c35-bc90-a35991b3f532

Thursday, December 26, 2019 5:49 AM