Online - Data retrieval failures occured RRS feed

• Question

• I have two Win2008R2 DC's that are Core installations reporting this issue in Server Manager.

The Task Details for both:

The system cannot access one or more event logs because of insufficient access rights, file corruption, or other reasons. For more information see the Operational channel in the ServerManager-ManagementProvider error log on the target server.

Error event on Target Server reporting 3 or 4 of these types of events:

Source: ServerManager-Manager

Task Category: Get server feature task

Event ID: 50

The feature returned by the ceip provider is not found in the static feature information xml. Id: 342, Name: WoW64 for .NET Framework 2.0 and Windows PowerShell.

or

The feature returned by the ceip provider is not found in the static feature information xml. Id: 341, Name: WoW64.

or

The feature returned by the ceip provider is not found in the static feature information xml. Id: 344, Name: WoW64 for Windows PowerShell.

or others

Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:29 PM

All replies

• Make sure the account has domain admin rights to access the event logs on remote server. You can take a look at this post for more ideas.

Automatic Refresh Error
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservermanager/thread/a2e1784b-1401-49d5-bd84-afc6c251890e

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:49 AM
  • I appreciate your response but it does not appear to be a permissions issue. The account used is a Domain Admin and works fine on most systems. This system a Windows 2008R2 Core installation domain controller. I tried the Manage As but it returns the same error.

The errors logged in the Event logs: Operational > ServerManager-Manager on the local Server appear to indicate a different story than permissions. Most of the entries in the log are successful with the exception of a few like the ones identified above.

Isn't the ceip provider something to do with the Microsoft customer error reporting?

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:38 PM
  • I have opened a MS support ticket on this issue so I hope to provide a answer to this question soon.

Monday, April 1, 2013 8:06 PM
  • any joy?
    Friday, April 5, 2013 3:25 PM
  • Do we have any updates for this?

I have also the same error as yours cburton.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:16 AM