none
How to keep automatic updates installing updates but have it skip IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• How can I leave automatic updates automatically installing updates, but have it skip IE11 until i'm ready to upgrade it?
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:29 PM

Answers

• IE11 Blocker Toolkit: http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn338147.aspx

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:39 PM
  • Hi,

To aviod automatically installing IE11 update, you can change Windows updates settings.

Choose Download updates but let me choose whether to install them

OR

Choose Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 29, 2013 6:52 AM

All replies

• How can I leave automatic updates automatically installing updates, but have it skip IE11 until i'm ready to upgrade it?

Leave updates to be downloaded but not installed automatically. Then you can find the one for IE11 to block. Note that if you then try to turn install automatically back on that eventually a superseding update may arrive which would cause IE11 to be installed too. FWIW that happened to me recently.  I had blocked the October cumulative update but come November I found that I had upgraded to IE11 RTM automatically anyway. That couldn't have happened if I had left updates to be downloaded only but it seems that that option gets changed in the background somehow unless you are vigilant about it.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:52 PM
    Answerer
  • IE11 Blocker Toolkit: http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn338147.aspx

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:39 PM
  • Hi,

To aviod automatically installing IE11 update, you can change Windows updates settings.

Choose Download updates but let me choose whether to install them

OR

Choose Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 29, 2013 6:52 AM