none
Custom Resource view - effort not totalling up. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a custom resource view. This breaks work at resource type level down by project phase.

It appears however that it doesn't total up on certain lines of my WBS. See the two lines I have highlighted.

I get a grand total on the left as part of the work column in the entry view, however I need the weekly profile to total up. This only seems to happen on the lower levels on the resource usage rows. Has anyone seen this before?

Friday, December 11, 2015 11:14 AM

All replies

• Thursday, January 7, 2016 2:04 PM
  • Looking at the attached. For rows 1 & 1.3, the effort totals don't seem to cascade up. It seems the more complicated the WBS then, totals do not get calculated on every row.

So for weeks 25th Jan & 01 Feb why do we have blank rows immediately above the 7.5 fields?

Thursday, January 7, 2016 2:06 PM
  • nevkimbers74,

Right off the bat I don't have a ready answer but let's first check something. Is your installation of Project updated with the latest Public Update (December 2015)? If not update it. The easiest way to do so is to perform a Windows Update.

I tried to emulate your screen shot but I'm having trouble setting up a plan that gives what you show. It looks like its a custom Task Usage view but it's not clear as to which field(s) are grouped and so forth. Could you give more detailed information, or perhaps even share your file via e-mail?

John

Thursday, January 7, 2016 5:10 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, it is a customised view. How do I get a file to you by email?

Many Thanks

Scott

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:42 AM
  • Forgot to mention, it also occurs in 2013 ( which I now have ). So it doesn't appear to be a version issue.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:43 AM
  • Scott,

As long as the file is no greater than 1M in size when zipped, you can e-mail it to me at the address below. If it's larger than that, do not send, we'll have to figure out something else. I will ask some questions.

John

jensenljatatfastmaildotdotfm

(remove obvious redundancies and the 7th character is a letter)

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:15 PM