none
Gantt chart showing only assigned tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Another Question.

Is teher a way I can see gantt chart for all the resource assigned tasks viz.

lets say i have 500 tasks and 40 tasks have been assigned resources

can i see those 40 tasks and their gantt chart only so i can have like a Gantt chart view of wh goes where to give my resources. I have used the "using resource" in the  filters tab but it shows the gantt for just one resource. I Kind of want to do the same thing but with all the resources together in the same view

sdkushte

Thursday, August 9, 2012 3:02 PM

Answers

• I don't have 2003 here to check but from memory -- I believe there is an autofilter button on the formatting toolbar.  Click the autofilter button, and on the autofilter icon in the Resource names field choose "Custom".  Create the filter "Show row where resource names" Does Not Equal and do not type anything in the drop down box on the right.  Then save the Filter using the Save button.

Julie

Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I've split your new question into a new post in hopes that it will help people find this question and answer later.

Ensure autofilters are enabled in your project (they should be by default in Project 2010).  In the Gantt chart view, click the Autofilter button in the Resource Names field - uncheck "blank" to see only tasks assigned to resources.

Julie

Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:26 PM
  • Hey,

How do you do it MSP 2003?

sdkushte

Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:48 PM
  • I don't have 2003 here to check but from memory -- I believe there is an autofilter button on the formatting toolbar.  Click the autofilter button, and on the autofilter icon in the Resource names field choose "Custom".  Create the filter "Show row where resource names" Does Not Equal and do not type anything in the drop down box on the right.  Then save the Filter using the Save button.

Julie

Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:44 PM