Crashes middle of 2nd mission RRS feed

• General discussion

• Game VIETCONG.

I can get through 1st mission no problem and gets into 2nd mission up to the point I'm leaving the valley. Just as he says I can smell them the program crashes.  This is a reload (I've got a new computer, old one died) and I never registered (Can't not taking reg any more).  Can I get help, I really love this game (I was in Vietnam in 68).

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:07 AM

All replies

• As you are having troubles with just one aplication, I would recommend seeking support from the manufacturer first: it may be some known issue that is easily fixed. A first step will probably be uninstall and reinstall the software.

If that does not yield result, check all software and hardware requirements. If possible verify on an other computer if the installation media you have function as intended. If so, there might be something wrong with both hardware or software. Because you state the computer is new, I assume you bought an OEM machine with software pre-installed. It might just be a good idea claiming your warranty (if only, of course, your pc fulfills all requirements, and the software works on another machine).

If for some reason you want to troubleshoot this yourself consider the sofware always crashes on the exact same moment: this might rule out issues with memory, power and temperatures. What rests is failing files (due to faulty installtion, file system corruption or a hardware failure in disk or diskcontroller), failing software interaction (BIOS, Operation system, drivers, services and applications interact, a bug in one of those might lead to a crash, an update may resolve this) or faulty applications.

If you encounter issues or have any issues regarding the described steps, please feel free to ask, we are here to help ;)

MCSA/MCTS/MCP
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:53 PM